Biking the Canalway Trail
The Erie Canalway Trail is becoming a “must do” destination for long distance trail tourists. It is home to the annual 400-mile cross-state Cycling the Erie Canal tour, a fully supported tour organized by Parks & Trails New York .
See information on the use of e-bikes on public lands under the jurisdiction of the NYS Canal Corporation here.
Fully supported cycling tours along the Erie Canalway Trail that include fine lodging and restaurants are offered by:
- Classic Adventures - Phone 800-777-8090
- Wilderness Voyageurs - Phone: 800-272-4141
Self-guided touring is available along the Erie Canalway Trail. Three brochures are available to help plan your trip at Parks & Trails New York .
- The Inn-to-Inn Touring along the Erie Canalway Trail: Albany, Schenectady and Montgomery Counties covers the eastern end of the State,
- Inn-to-Inn Touring Along the Erie Canalway Trail: Syracuse to Little Falls covers the central part of the state and
- Inn-to-Inn Touring Along the Erie Canalway Trail: Lockport to Palmyra covers the western part of the State
The third edition of Cycling the Erie Canal: A Guide to 400 miles of Adventure and History Along the Erie Canalway Trail, is also available from Parks and Trails New York . The guide book contains route information and lists services such as bike shops, lodging and restaurants.
Cyclotour Guide Books - Publisher of "Erie Canal Bicyclist & Hiker Tour Guide, 2nd Ed. 2010 Revision" among other books on bicycle touring in New York State.