TRADES SPECIALIST (ELECTRICIAN), SG-12
Appointment Type: Permanent Non-Competitive
Negotiation Unit: CSEA
Hourly Salary: $18.58 – $26.63
Location: Fort Edward
Candidates must have four years of full time experience in the electrical trade under a skilled journey-level electrician which provided training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship training in the electrical trade, or training gained by the completion of technical courses in the electrical trade at a school, institute or branch of the Armed Services may be substituted for the above training and experience on a year-for-year basis. A commercial driver’s license appropriate to the types of vehicles operated may be required.
Specific duties and job requirements will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Under general supervision, performs skilled work at the journey-level in the maintenance, repair and installation of canal floating plant and building electrical systems and equipment.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs generators, motors, lighting, signal systems, and electrical equipment.
- Repairs and tests electrical work and devices.
- Repairs and maintains signal controls, lights, pumping equipment, signs, oil burners and other mechanisms.
- Acts as a trouble shooter on electrical repairs.
- Conducts a program of preventative maintenance.
- Maintains navigation lighting systems.
- Supervises other journey-level employees and helpers.
- Working knowledge and understanding of AC/DC power.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title and location (Trades Specialist (Electrician) – Fort Edward) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email Accessibility@nypa.gov.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from the candidate before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. i>