MOTOR EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, SG-12
Appointment Type: Permanent Competitive
Negotiating Unit: CSEA
Hourly Rate: $18.22 – 26.11
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Motor Equipment Mechanic OR have one year of permanent competitive service as a Motor Equipment Mechanic to be eligible for transfer. Must have Class B CDL driver’s license.
Specific duties and job requirements will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Performs the tasks of a journey-level mechanic in the repair and maintenance of automotive, motorized and construction equipment and attachments;
- Uses appropriate test equipment and hand and power tools;
- Does skilled mechanical work in the maintenance, repair and adjustment of mechanical, structural, hydraulic and electrical components of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment;
- Does body and fender work including restoration, scraping, treating and spray painting of metal surfaces;
- Periodically checks all mechanical equipment in conformance with established maintenance schedules and performs all necessary servicing operations;
- Supervises helps and other journey-level employees engaged in the maintenance and repair of motorized equipment;
- Maintains necessary time and cost distribution records;
- Requisitions parts and equipment;
- Drives passenger cars and trucks;
- Performs State Vehicle Inspections;
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline of May 27, 2018 to email@example.com. Please include the position title and location (Motor Equipment Mechanic, Fonda) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
This application must be printed and mailed. Data will not transfer if this form is attached to an e-mail.