Mapping Technologist 2, SG-20
Appointment Type: Permanent Competitive
Negotiation Unit: PS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary: $55,747 - $78,885
Location: 30 South Pearl Street, Albany, NY
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list for Mapping Technologist 2, #37-834 or #26-263.
The NYS Canal Corporation (Corporation) is seeking candidates for the position of Mapping Technologist 2, SG-20, to perform duties in its Technical Services Office. The incumbent of this position will assist the Corporation with work relating to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and will be responsible for developing and maintaining all Enterprise Canal GIS Data, which includes over 150 individual layers of data. Specific duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Oversee and administer GIS training for all Canal Headquarters and Division staff;
- Coordinate purchase and use of all Corporation GPS and depth sounding equipment;
- Work with Canal Operations, Maintenance and Engineering to develop a comprehensive GIS needs assessment;
- Assist with the development of GIS environmental, health and safety data;
- Collect GPS field data for incorporation into GIS;
- Development of GIS tools to assist with the analysis of infrastructure conditions;
- Represent Canal Corporation at various state-wide GIS stakeholder meetings and conferences;
- Develop new GIS layers via georeferenced historic mapping;
- Maintain Canal and Canalway Trail route systems and associated database connections;
- Development and production of maps for various on-going departmental projects.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline of 2/22/18 to email@example.com. Please include the position title, Mapping Technologist 2, in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email Accessibility@nypa.gov.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from the candidate before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org