MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT, SG-9
Appointment Type: Permanent Non-Competitive
Negotiating Unit: CSEA
Hourly Rate: $15.94-23.05
Minimum Qualifications: Must have at least two years of satisfactory experience in maintenance or mechanical work under the supervision of a journey-level trades worker in one of the recognized skill trades (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.) OR completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course. A valid NYS CDL Class B driver license is required to drive large dump and stake rack trucks.
Maintenance Assistants perform a variety of semiskilled maintenance, repair, and related activities. Specific duties and job requirements will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Under direct supervision, assists a skilled trade (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, etc.) worker in the maintenance, repair and rehabilitation of canal buildings, facilities and related equipment;
- Assists in installation, maintenance and repair of canal equipment;
- Assists in repair and replacement of plumbing equipment;
- Assists in the painting of boats, walls, ceiling, wood and metal trimmings and ornaments and;
- Operates tools and machinery and ensures equipment is in proper working condition.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline of June 22, 2018 to email@example.com. Please include the position title and location (Maintenance Assistant, Fonda) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
This application must be printed and mailed. Data will not transfer if this form is attached to an e-mail.