ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER 2, SG-25
Appointment Type: Permanent Competitive
Negotiation Unit: Management/Confidential
Salary: $77,085 - $105,740
Location: 30 South Pearl Street, Albany, NY
Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Administrative Officer 2, #36-918, OR have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
The NYS Canal Corporation (Corporation) Office of Administrative Services is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Officer 2. The Administrative Services Office is responsible for the Corporation’s business and employee services. The incumbent of this position reports directly to the Manager of Administrative Services and has supervisory responsibilities within the administrative services unit. The successful candidate will assist in the execution of administrative oversight, including financial management, budget preparation, procurement and contract management, facilities management and serve as a liaison between the Corporation and its stakeholders.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Policies, Procedures and Reports:
- Assist the Manager of Administrative Services in delivery of business services on behalf of Corporation;
- Develop reports and analyses for use by management to support review and oversight of the administrative functions;
- Direct continuing and special studies of Corporation organization and operations; prepare reports, maintain spreadsheets and lead special projects as assigned by the Manager, Administrative Services of the Corporation;
- Responsible for working with required parties to ensure mandatory reports are completed and filed on behalf of the Corporation;
- Responsible for evaluating, updating and disseminating administrative policies, procedures and bulletins to ensure employee understanding and smooth daily operations. The incumbent will also provide for the annual review and distribution as appropriate;
- Communicate with agency managers in obtaining information concerning work methods and procedures, management audits, information systems and form requirements. Work with Canal sections and offices to standardize procedures and streamline processes, including the surplus property program.
Payroll, Purchasing and Budgeting Functions:
- Preparation of appropriate annual administrative budget documents and justifications. Review Corporation purchasing and ensure proper coding and budgeting. Oversee, monitor and ensure quality control to track financial transactions;
- Research travel spending budgets and compliance with guidelines;
- Direct purchasing activities and supervise staff;
- Monitor the Administrative Services’ expenditures against budget estimates. Participate in the reconciliation of transactions using the fiscal tracking system;
- Ensure that recordkeeping and documentation requirements are met;
- Ensure Corporation compliance with all administrative and budgetary requirements and regulation;
- Work with vendors and accounts payable units to ensure timely processing;
- Serves as point of contract on Corporation’s Pro-Card and Travel card programs;
- Support compensation processing for the Corporation for permanent, temporary, seasonal and part-time employees and assist in responding to employees’ payroll questions;
- May assist with the review of inventory process and assist in administering the Inventory Management Program;
- Assist with maintaining internal controls.
Supervisory and Other Duties:
- Provides a wide range of supervisory duties of other Administrative Services staff, including purchasing;
- Provide support to the other units within Administrative Services including Fleet Management;
- Serve as coordinator for all materials to be posted on the Corporation’s internal and external websites relative to administrative services;
- Function as facilities coordinator for Headquarters and remote locations.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline of February 23, 2018 to email@example.com. Please include the position title, Administrative Officer 2, in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email Accessibility@nypa.gov.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from the candidate before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org