Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Transportation), SG-24
Appointment Type: Permanent
Negotiation Unit: Asset Management & Inspection Bureau
Position: # 04380
Location: Syracuse Div. Office OR Buffalo Div. Office
Under the direction of the Engineer in charge of the Bureau of Asset Management, the incumbents are responsible for the production, implementation, and management of the Asset Management Plan for their assigned region, which contains, a portfolio of civil infrastructure, including but not limited to, locks, bridges, buildings, roads, retaining walls, water control structures, breakwaters, guide structures, culverts, and multiuse trails. Incumbents perform the following engineering and engineering related duties:
- Assist the Director of Asset Management with the development of the Canal Corporation’s Strategic Asset Management Plan.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures to ensure the integration of the Asset Management system into the day to day operations of Canals.
- Work with Canal staff to support the rollout and adoption of new asset management practices and procedures.
- Promote Risk Management and Performance Improvement. Partner with other functional areas to drive Asset Management Improvement Initiatives.
- Assess and recommend improvements to the utilization and utility of the Asset Management and Strategic Asset Management Plans, using modern Asset Management principles, practices, procedures, and technology.
- Ensure the accuracy of the inventory of Canals assets, and, in conjunction with Inspections staff, assess the probable life cycle and potential risks associated with them using accepted methodologies.
- Monitor ongoing asset management activities requiring interface with the whole of Canal Operations including maintenance, engineering, inventory, and EH&S to ensure effective and economical use of materials and human capital.
- Coordinate development and prioritization of projects within their assigned region, and ensure they are aligned with the regional Asset Management Plan.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list for Professional Engineer 1 or candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
In accordance with Article XIII of the Agreement between the NYS Canal Corporation and the Public Employees Federation, any employee eligible for appointment who is interested in this position shall so indicate by signing this posting below. Candidates must also submit a resume and cover letter before the closing date to be considered for appointment to this position.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline of 9/25/2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title, Professional Engineer 1(Civil/Transportation), in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email Accessibility@nypa.gov.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from the candidate before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. i>